Wednesday 5 December 2012

Hand made greeting cards



I am wanting to create very organic cards that fit with the theme of nature, so I have been looking into different stocks to print on and ways to utilise them. This cut out with colour underneath works really well, it looks very delicate and is appropriate for the butterflies.



I love this very organic paper, it has leaves and petals in it which basically combines real nature into a stock that can be printed onto. It would be interesting to see how well these would print onto.



I love all of the different elements in these cards, using stitching, organic brown card and by the looks of it possibly screen printing works really well. It has a very organic, handmade feel to it, very personal. Screen printing is something I could consider printing my own card designs.



I like how this one is completely hand made using different papers to add detail and colour. I imagine this took a long time to make the outcome reflects on this and they look really good.



I love the simplicity of this design and how the boat stands out from the rest of the card. The stock also works well, its almost like grey board but brown.




I think it could also work by giving the card a textured background to make it look organic.



I am really liking simple line drawings that are printed onto organic stock, they come out so well.



This again looks like it has been screen printed and it obviously works very well. I would really like to screen print cards as I know how nice screen printing can look, but its just a matter of will I have enough time?




No comments:

Post a Comment