Sunday 11 March 2012

YCN// Company/ business promotion vans..

As part of the YCN Live brief, me and Lisa have been looking at ice cream vans and festivals and we have been thinking how we can use these to promote Heinz Salad Cream to a student audience. I have been looking at different types of transport that businesses use to promote themselves.

There are so many businesses that use promotional vehicles to promote their business. It is a new and interesting way of getting themselves known. This is obviously because you will be able to drive where ever you like which means you can be specific on where you want to promote yourself and also who to.

The first thing that I looked at was ice cream vans, there are loads of different sorts, including the retro and the more modern ones.



This ice cream van is from around about the 50's or 60's, its very retro and very cool. I think it would work better to have a retro van to a newer model because it makes it more interesting. The design of this is also very simple, where as now a days they put so much imagery on them. I bet the ice cream tastes nicer too!



This ice cream van is probably from the 80's or 90's, you can tell its more modern than the above one but its not ultra modern like todays ice cream vans. It also appears to be a lot bigger. I think that the decoration is a bit OTT and the typeface is terrible!



This is the back view of the retro ice cream van. The whole design of the van has been kept really simple.



I found this really cool photo of an ice cream van melting on a beach. Just thought I would put it on here as it looks sweet!



This van is pretty similar to the first retro van, I think the windows are slightly different and it kind of reminds me of a retro ambulance. Death by ice cream!



This reminds me of the ice cream vans you would see in old American films, I dont really like the shape, its a bit too square.



This is Red Bulls promotional mini. These are so cool, I think that the best part is the huge can of Red Bull on the back. It just makes you want to drink Red Bull.



This burger van is so OTT but its funny and eye catching! It will attract attention and make everyone want a big fat burger! I wouldnt want our salad cream van to look quite this crazy but maybe we could add salad cream to this burger and then eat it?



These cars are just amazing! I think it is so clever how you can make this shape car and I also think its good how the business has made the effort to make such an engaging promotional vehicle. It took me a while to realize it was an orange!



Then it gets better with this cream egg car. With products like this it is worth having a vehicle made in the shape of your product because people will recognize it easier, compared to if you just got a Ford Transit van and wrote cream egg on the side.



I am not sure if this is an official Heinz van but it is an example of how Heinz could promote themselves using a vehicle. This isnt the best example.

-------------------------------

The Yorkshire Tea Tour was a tour where a Yorkshire Tea






These are some screen shots from the website of the Yorkshire Tea Tour.

















----------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment