Friday 25 May 2012

OUGD203// Self- initiated brief: Peace One Day Research..

Continuing research into Peace One Day//

This video is another from the Peace One Day website showing the launch of the student activation programme to encourage the younger generation to get involved with Peace One Day. NUS leaders from around the world spoke out about how they will make it their mission to encourage engagement in the Peace One Day campaign.



Watching this video has helped me to start defining a more specific target audience. I know that Peace One Day wants to engage with the world, but as mentioned in this video they are wanting to get the younger generation involved so that the idea will evolve as the generation evolves.

This will also be a good place to start as I am a student and will know which methods of deliverables will best suite and engage with my generation. I think it is best that I define my target audience now so that I can focus my research which will allow me to produce more suitable deliverables at the end of the brief.

I have created a survey using SurveyMonkey to send out to people my age, this has been sent out via Facebook, which will hopefully return lots of responses. The questions that I asked were:

- Have you heard of Peace One Day?
- What does the word peace mean to you?
- How would you make peace in the world?

Although there arent many questions I feel that I have given people the opportunity to give a more personal response and it also means I can gain an understanding of what peace means to people.

On the Peace One Day website they have downloadable student kits to help students start their own campaigns to tell the world about Peace Day.



These posters are PDF downloads that can be taken from the website and then printed out and placed around where ever the student wants. The posters get the message across but I feel they could look more engaging and maybe emphasize how Peace One Day wants students take the roll and make a difference, rather than just stating its an important day. 



 These posters are word documents and look plain and are not engaging. There isnt any colour and possibly too much writing. This is where I think it would be a good idea for me to create a small booklet or guide to help explain what Peace Day is rather than trying to shove loads of information onto a poster.



This kit that has been made available reminded me of the campaign earlier this year, Kony 2012. The Kony campaign's purpose was to get everyone in the whole world to spread a message and to help capture Kony, an African mass murderer.

The campaign did turn out to be a fraud and the event called 'cover the night' never went ahead. But I do think that I will be able to use methods similar to theirs to help my project. The 'cover the night' event was to happen over night on the 20th April this year, where people across the world would cover the streets with Kony campaign posters to spread the word. The posters could be bought in packs along with t-shirts, stickers, flyers and bracelets. 




These could all be purchased from the Kony website (the money made was actually not put towards the campaign, as it was all a big scam).



No comments:

Post a Comment