Tuesday 25 October 2011

Design for print// Packaging and Promotion research..



As part of my research for the Good is brief, I wanted to design some form of packaging that would contain an item that my target audience could take away with them in the designed packaging. The packaging needs to be relevant to polka dots. I think that it would be interesting to see if I could make a polka dot shaped bag as it would fit in perfectly with my chosen genre.

This piece of design is very sleek and sophisticaed they have used diecutting and foil blocking for the front cover which has coloured design underneath. This could be interesting with a polka dot pattern used in a similar way to this, by having the polka dot pattern diecut and foil blocked.
-------


These designs are labelling for clothing. I think I was drawn to these designs because of the use of circular shapes and the black and white colour palette. The design is very simple and sophisticated. I also like how they have have used the 'q' in replacement for 'ck'. Clever.


These designs use a black and white theme and they also use circles within their packaging. I was inspired by thier use of simple packaging design that makes it very sleek. Their product is coloured which works really well against the black and white designs.


With these designs I liked how the bigger the bag got the less of the brand name that was visible, they played on scale and how they could interpret it.


This packaging is a good example of how I am wanting my packaging designs to look like. They are very simple and the logo is also similar to one I have designed for my brand. I want my packaging to be a circular shape though so that it fits with my theme more. Its interesting to see how they have scaled down the logo depending on what format it takes.


These are really clever designs, its almost like whilst the bag is closed and holding the contents it is happy, but when it is opened it becomes angry because it has lost its contents. It makes it more interactive for the audience.


I really liked the simplicity of this design, it is purely the one let on a white bag. I do think that with designs like this and in what I am wanting to design, is that less is more.



These designs are very sophisticated as they use foil blocking on the logo. Also the bottom packaging is circular and looks really cool. It looks very high end in terms of where you would recieve this bag, it reminds me of something like Harvey Nichols.






No comments:

Post a Comment